samedi 28 septembre 2013

Look at the calendar

(sorry for bring this somewhat late, though to be fair it is still two days even we are about one hour before midnight :P )



So let us look at the mention of Henry Carey in the State Papers, Foreign; Calendar and comment a bit upon it. (it is only the very first volume of it, we sorta have a lot on our plate for theses volume)


I believe I've mention it before, but Henry Carey was in the attendance at Henri II funeral as "Mourner" apparently with a group of other member of the noblity and you can also see how much their black cloth and helmet and everything further down.  You can see more of it in the merchant-taylor at around 209-210 )  If there one thing I'm not too sure if those funeral apparently took place in London, which I would find odd considering its a french king.

I will also mention this, it much more easier to find the baron in here in record now, since there is no alternate spelling for Hunsdon and damn it feel good to be able to find info so simply.¸

The duke of Northfolk here would Thomas Howard, who had some family relation to his future son-law. I guess it only further confirm that Henry had growing experience into the matter of Scotland which further justify is future appointment. 

Again Greenwhich tournament. (Geez that must have been something seeing how people keep refering it)

Apparently, Henry is graceful for the Garter though pleased the queen is well (sweet of him I guess)

Not quite sure I understand the entry properly, though it seem that Henry having trouble getting a harness to the queen.

If I get this properly Lord Hunsdon, sending silk to the queen (not sure again, it could be that Lord Hunsdon is sastified by the information given by the treasurer)

Hey look apparently one letter actually written by our subject (Is it this the first time? I can't recall) and I think the first entry a letter from the queen to our dear Lord Hunsdon giving him instruction on what to do with the Swedish King.

Don't really know what the instruction are here.

You know me I always welcome reference to the wife of Henry Carey. the brought-a-bed would mean she's in the late state of pregnancy. Hard to say which child she giving birth here. Though a likely guest could be Robert Carey as his estimate birthdate given at around 1560

Off Dear hunting, no word if he killed anything himself though.

Sorta putting this in the same cause they are for the same event Katherine Carey, marriage to Charles Howard.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire