jeudi 12 septembre 2013

Revision



Sorta doing something a bit different today, mainly cause I haven't quite managed to find a proper topic.

I believe I've mention it before, but Gareth James Marklew Thesis on the work of the Carey family on the border probably one of the best Carey-centric academic work readily available (even though its probably the only one right away I still think it's a very interesting read on our topic)
Since it concentrate on the much later period overall, I think I forgot to check in my previous topic, but overall I think I should have done proper in the past. Hum let's see if it give us a few information about how previous topic.

Page 35 on the PDF, page 31 if you use the numbering down on the page, gives us a few more info on Henry assets. 

page 36, 32. Give us what I thought I remembered, but couldn't quite found back in my article about his time in Mary parliament, which was that (Sadly citing a book, I can only see in snippet view) that he was the one presenting the bill that tied back the church of england and the catholic one (I really wonder how it went down considering just rather stormy the crowd and Henry relationship were at the time) though his mention about the privy council does very and be found on british history online (source). Regretably he don't pop-up anywhere else during mary reign to explain what exactly they wanted with him. Then again Henry seem to consistantly be type who don't show up to appointment. Sorta funny how his absence of parliament could be just as much political than him having wanting the holiday off. Apparently his opposition his possibily about trying to block law that seize the exiled protestant property. I can't help but think of the fact that his sister was actually one of those exiled by Queen Mary ascension.



Also a small error from mine, but it seem that the mention of Henry support of Elizabeth come from the Worties of England, a 17th century book (I recall seeing, but I sorta forgot about it since then, probably need a check). The thing is that its apparently source not from Carey himself, but his son George (hence why it is so imprecise, you can find it at page 37, 33). While it don't give us much more details about the dealing at this particular time, its nicer to know than to not know.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire