mercredi 18 septembre 2013

Greenwich tournament



Well not only was I unable to find much about the tournament, but GTA V taking my time, luckily for your readers, Person of interest making me pause the game. So what about the Greenwich tournament, well it took place in November of 1559 and it wasn't just Henry Carey who won it, it was also Robert Carey. (here some source for clarification, its the most detail account I've found although I have yet to find something more direct that talk about it, I have seen the same terms used often but never the source)

One thing I've notice is that both Robert and Henry are considered winner, I'm not familiar with Jousting, but I've seen something mention about an offender and defender (I think it refer to how many spears you broke versus how many time you managed to get miss), meaning that perhaps two position can win, but that's just me and I'm probably wrong. Also there is an expression often mention to refer to" holding the list" I can't help but think that might help the two were holding their position from challengers, but how long it was the case, I have no idea.

Though they were apparently both considered victor, it safe to Robert Dudley the one that seem to have benefited the most from the tourney.
 
But yeah, take everything I say here with a grain of salt.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire