lundi 14 octobre 2013

Mid-life crisis




Ok I know we technicallly went past the mid-life point in 1562, but 1566 is the point where he hit his forty. For some reason the year 1565 and 1566 seem to be completely hollow in term of particular event I could talk about. The best I got was that apparently his son Edward was matriculated of trinity college in 1566 (source, page 41-37 in the footnote). George, the elder actually got his degree before his father at age 13 in 1560 (source). I suspect they had the same speedy attribution than his father. 

I looked into the assassination attempt on Elizabeth, but most of them seem to have taken place when he was out in the North (i'd insert a joke about how once he's out of the picture all the assassins seem to rush in, but that's probably not very accurate).

But hey next time we can actually focus in on something very important, him being sent in the eastern marches for the next decade or so!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire